Specifications to Generated Merb Project

Introduction

While in the early requirements phase of a new open source project, I was wanting to encourage discussion on the database schema and web API. So I wrote some rspecs to capture the models, their attributes, and their relationships. As we played around with the schema, it was difficult to manually keep the specs accurate, particularly with the relationships. So I wrote a script to generate a merb project from the rspecs to catch relationship problems. This was good and also let me generate model and controller diagrams using railroad_xing.
Continue reading